The easiest, cutest, Christmas DIY that you can make. I present, How to make Sugar Shapes that look like Christmas Trees.
I made these after I was officially crafted out during some epic, two weeks worth of Christmas craft post series. And like with every craft, that you’re like meh, let’s try this. Everyone loved them the most.
That is how it always goes. People love simple crafts. Because the holiday season is busy enough.
CHRISTMAS TREE SUGAR SHAPES
To make these Christmas tree sugar shapes do the following:
- For every 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, add 1 tsp of water in a bowl.
- Mix it well into a wet sand textured paste.
- Then just pat the mixture into an ice cube tray or candy mold. I repeat, pat them down really well and yes, use a measuring cup and spoon for this.
- Let them harden. I leave mine overnight and then gently pop out.
- If you’re in a rush, a quick hack is to put your silicone tray into the microwave for 20-30 second increments. The heat helps melt it all down all the ingredients better. You just have to be careful with this to avoid burning the shapes. Let the tray cool and pop them out. PS – make sure your mold is HEAT SAFE before doing this.
What, you mean you don’t always have a fresh twig of pine sitting next to your warm beverage as you sip it? Food styling is so much fun let me tell you.
Nothing says “That will be an easy photo shoot” like trying to find a spot where you don’t see your reflection in the spoon.
Speaking of sugar, did I mention this weekend I am going to attempt to make candy?
Ask my husband what happened the last time I tried to bring sugar to a boil. The entire house still smells like burnt caramel.