Our new bed frame has been sitting on our dining room floor since last November. Why? Because we haven’t been able to agree on a mattress for it. That is, until we found out about Logan & Cove. In which, I wanted to share our Logan & Cove mattress review, in case you’re considering getting one for yourself.
A review of our Logan & Cove mattress – How it started
After testing out many mattresses in various stores, debating over cost vs quality vs comfort, we were growing really weary of everything out there.
Mattresses that said they were luxury, felt anything but luxurious. We weary of certain materials (I’m looking at you memory foam). And the prices. I mean, our kids deserve to go to College. As well, our last mattress purchasing experience did not go well. We bought what we thought was a good mattress (I won’t name the brand/store) and by the time the first 48 hours were up, it was a nightmare to sleep on. Then buyers remorse set in and so did the reality of a non-returnable, very expensive purchase.
The rise of online mattress companies
During our mattress hunt, the one thing I started to notice was the rise of mattress companies that sold mattresses online. Let’s be candid, for a couple who couldn’t agree on a mattress after testing out mattresses in person in stores, ordering one online without having ever sat on it, seems like the craziest idea ever right? I think any purchase you make online can be daunting, but a whole bed mattress? It’s like buying a car without test driving it.
But it peaked my interest and I began researching online mattress companies to see what our options were if we went that route. I found that I kept going back to Logan & Cove, who got consistently better and more favorable reviews than other brands. As an athlete I’m well aware of the impact a good night sleep can have over performance, so I reached out to ask them about what they were offering. This was something that I really wanted to make sure that was the right fit for our lives, given that I would be sleeping on it every night, so I did my research and Logan & Cove stood out.
Why Logan & Cove got our attention
If you’re new to Logan & Cove here’s a bit of a background for you about the company and mattress itself:
- Logan & Cove was founded by Novosbed to deliver the most comfortable, durable, and affordable mattresses in Canada without the hassle-laden, opaque, and high-pressure shopping experience that mattress retailers are known for (I can vouch for this!)
- Their mattresses are only available in Canada and are also made in Canada.
- Logan & Cove is a luxury, hybrid mattress. Meaning it has several different layers (foam and coil among them) which I will explain below. It also has edge to edge support so you won’t roll or slip off.
- It is a Medium Firm mattress, 14″ high and is also hand crafted. You can find out more about their size specifications here.
- You get a 120 night sleep trial where if you have up to 120 days to decide whether or not to keep your mattress. They do recommend you try it out for a minimum of 30 days as often times there is an adjustment period to getting used to the feel of a new mattress.
- If after that time you decide that you don’t want to keep it, they offer a FREE returns policy, 100% refund and any returned mattress are donated to local charities.
- You get a 15 Year Warranty – Fifteen years!
- Very competitive pricing. Don’t believe me? Here is a chart to show you how Logan & Cove stacks up with other bed mattress brands to see how much their mattresses cost versus how much you’ll be saving with Logan & Cove for a far superior product.
Let’s get to the Logan & Cove Mattress review.
When our Logan & Cove mattress arrived at the door, it came rolled up in a box. To give you an idea of size, that’s a King size mattress in there.
When you take it out of the box, this happens.
Then you remove the plastic cover and it pops open. I marveled at this given that I somehow naively assumed that you can’t do that with an innerspring mattress but surprise! I had only seem foam mattress be packaged like this before.
The first thing we noticed right away was the quality. The details and craftsmanship that went into this product are pretty stellar. Every contour on the pillow top, every stitch. Even things like the side handles to be able to move it around for changing bed sheets – which for the record is a very big deal with a King sized bed mattress.
Let me take this opportunity to break down what exactly the mattress components are.
A – Eucalyptus-derived Fiber Top Cover
Silky smooth and wicks moisture away
B – Silk Blend Pillow-Top Fill
Temperature regulating and breathable
C – 1” Cooling Gel Foam
Dissipates heat while it cradles your body
D – 1” Contouring Eco Foam
E – 2” Supportive Eco Foam
Cushioned contouring support
F – Individually Pocketed Coils
Adaptive, responsive, motion isolating support
Logan & Cove has a great detailed internal diagram of the mattress components on their site.
So what do we think of it?
- This is a luxury mattress. No questions asked. It feels like it costs so much more than it does. You can really feel the quality put into this.
- This is the first mattress that we both don’t feel overheated on. The Eucalyptus-derived Fiber Top Cover and the Cooling Gel Foam make a huge difference. We’ve had foam mattresses in the past and when you get hot on those, you get hot.
- I have previously never been a fan of mattresses with innerspring coils so I was really nervous about that part. Too often you feel like they either give way too easily and don’t offer support or are too bouncy. No one wants to be woken up every time your partner turns over in their sleep. With Logan & Cove, the responsive, motion isolating coil support really makes a difference.
- One of my favourite things is the edge to edge support. You know when you wake up and sit up over the edge of the bed trying to actually wake up before muster the strength not to hit the snooze button again? Then when you do, you feel like your thighs are sliding down off of the mattress? The edge on the Logan & Cover mattress stays the same level as the rest of the mattress. This also makes a huge difference for partners of different sizes and weights who sleep side by side. My husband is about 260 lbs and is 6’2″ (and I am not). I don’t want to have to roll down a hill so to speak when I sleep next to him. He can lay by my side and the mattress level does not change.
- I am a side sleeper and my husband is a back sleeper. Both of us are very happy with the support the mattress offers for the way we sleep. Neither of us enjoy soft and fluffy beds as we find that the more you sink into them, the more back and overall body pain we wake up with. Good support is very important to us.
- Our old mattress was a nightmare so it goes without saying this is a vast improvement. But honestly, we didn’t realize just how bad it was until we slept on our Logan & Cove for a week. When you actually get to sleep through the night because you’re not struggling to be comfortable, that’s sanity saving.
- I am going to need a taller side table. LOL!
But what fun is it telling you about a mattress if you can’t experience it for yourself? Well Logan & Cove are offering one lucky reader a chance to WIN THEIR OWN LOGAN & COVE MATTRESS in the size of your choice!!!
Enter in the Link below and Good Luck! Contest open to Canadian residents over the age of 18 and ends September 2018.
Logan & Cove Summertime Free Mattress Giveaway
Disclaimer: This post is brought to you in collaboration with Logan & Cove. All opinions are my own.
We have had our Logan & Cove mattress for over 3 years now and it’s still in phenomenal condition. Our kids fight to sleep on it saying it’s the comfiest mattress ever. No complaints or regrets at all!
JeanineJune 1, 2018 at 2:49 pm
WOW, love, love, love the look of this Logan & Cove mattress. I’m telling my hubby about it.
Tash @ The Dreamhouse ProjectJune 2, 2018 at 10:14 pm
This mattress looks & sounds awesome! Kes & I are in such desperate need of a new mattress. We literally wake up with back pain every morning. Will definitely have to check out Logan & Cove if we don’t win the giveaway. Fingers crossed for us!
Andrea KerrJune 6, 2018 at 8:58 pm
Robin Ashmead MelvinApril 23, 2019 at 8:00 pm
What mattress firmness did you choose?
There are two options available, I am going to purchase and am leaning towards the medium.
AlexMay 17, 2019 at 6:17 pm
We chose the firm one as we tend to prefer mattresses that are firm having grown up with basic foam mattresses. The one time we choose a softer one (a quasi memory foam) it was a disaster a year later. We’ve had this for well over a year now and honestly, like it more now that it’s “settled” down. It’s a really good quality make. My favorite feature is still that either of us can toss and turn and not bother the other at night.
Kim CasselmanJune 27, 2019 at 9:01 pm
Wish I had read this before purchasing a new mattress. Will most certainly buy Logan and Cove next time.
Katie RenSeptember 21, 2019 at 12:42 pm
Hey Alex, thanks so much for this review. I got a silk and snow mattress last week, and have been having really bad backpain when I wake up. Will be returning it and have been searching for what to get to replace it. Will be getting the Logan & Cove after reading this! Really, really appreciate it.